Now that some progress is happening, I’ll keep this page updated with new info as it happens. The (grossly simplified) plan is below:
- Form a committee to take over the Bus ✔
- Set out and sign a Constitution to form a charity ✔
- Register with Charity Commission Registered Charity Number 1190312 ✔
- Open a bank account ✔
- Legally take over Bus ✔
- Raise initial £370 for MOT and inspection (added to GoFundMe target)
- Get 240V system checked- Gazeley Coachworks ✔
- MOT and inspection, get quote for repairs needed (est: £10,000 total)
- Fundraise for tax, insurance and repairs = ON THE ROAD!
- Open Days to show Bus to potential stakeholders and donors
- Fundraise for other essentials
- Recruit volunteers
- Start operations.
Last update: 23/07/21
As with all plans, it can be flexible if needed, but the above is at least a guide to what we want to happen. I will add detail as it becomes clearer.